Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Gripped

I must admit I'm finding myself enthralled by current developments in the EPL. Who'd have thought that the Arsenal would be seriously looking at a 10-point lead in January? And who'd have predicted they could achieve that by beating Newcastle who'd be in third place when they faced off against each other?

And of course I'm happy at the progress made by the Mighty Reds (the real ones) under ETH. More and more he strikes me as the real deal in management terms. The disciplinary action against Marcus Rashford for the Wolves game looked so absolutely right - and produced the appropriately just outcome.

Having said that, I can well imagine things going awry against Bournemouth in our next game. It's been that kind of season, but that seems to be true for pretty much everyone, which is part of the fascination of it all.

Postscript: And since things by no means went awry against Bournemouth, leaving us level pegging with Newcastle, I find myself gripped even tighter. Now waiting for the City game with some anticipation... 

No comments: