Friday, November 26, 2021

Next To Normal

Attending Friday Prayers this afternoon felt odd simply because it came close to business as usual. It's now a lot easier to book a slot as the numbers allowed to attend have greatly increased. For the first time since the restrictions kicked in I was able to make it for the first shift - i.e., the normal time for the prayer. There are still gaps between worshippers, of course, but the masjid is beginning to look reasonably packed. The car park was full and it took me a good half hour to get away in contrast to the last time I attended when I sailed in and out with ease. I suppose that because I've not been able to attend prayers for the last few weeks due to my iffy leg I've missed out on the gradual move towards things as they used to be.

I also managed to pray without the aid of a chair, which is a key indicator in my physical recovery. If you'd have told me on Saturday morning I'd be able to pray like normal by Friday I certainly wouldn't have believed you. So a prayer of thanks for the excellence of my back doc featured in the afternoon's proceedings.

No comments: