Friday, October 8, 2021

Mr Teh Tarik - 4

We were downtown at the funky Funan Centre this afternoon. We parked there to do some business down the road at Peninsula Plaza, but spent more time pawming around the Funan Centre. It was there that we came across the Makanan Bollywood Restaurant and even at a distance thought we might just be able to get served teh tarik gajah, to happily discover we were not wrong. I suppose the name of the establishment was enough to suggest it was our kind of place.

Anyway, the teh tarik I was served was suitably gajah and tasted just right. I detected a mild back taste of ginger making it highly satisfactory. Just one very minor complaint: it was hot enough, but not very hot, if you know what I mean. It needed to be consumed speedily, but I had no problems doing so. A pity the place didn't serve kueh, though - but you can't have everything.

No comments: