Monday, October 18, 2021

Just Walking

Went out for a walk this evening, to blow away the cobwebs and get outside of myself. I walked in the direction of Pasir Panjang Road, following what is almost a winding country lane once past the hospital, turning around when I reached the road at the bottom of Kent Ridge Park. That gave me forty minutes there and back, a reasonable time for someone as out of condition as myself.

At the turning point it occurred to me that I'd been so lost in my inwardness and little concerns that I'd paid hardly any attention to the loveliness of the greenery around me, the sounds of various night creatures, and the general freshness of the evening, mild humidity and all. I told myself to get out of my thoughts and attend to all this on the way back. But I didn't. We're strange creatures, aren't we? Well, I am, at least.

No comments: