Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Something Positive

I saw something the other day in a School of Life video about not being overly concerned about what gets in the news as it's unduly depressing to have that frame of mind. I can see the logic involved, but the outlook does appear a bit 'head in the sand'. Having said that I must say there are times when the litany of deeply bad news as to what our species gets up to is more than a little depressing, and I've felt a bit that way over recent days. So it was with some relief I found myself enjoying the big headline story in this morning's Straits Times. This was about a proposed rise in wages for cleaners in the nation. Very timely and more than well-deserved. To be honest, the amounts involved didn't look much on paper, but I've got a feeling they'll make a genuine difference in terms of quality of life for a whole load of people here.

No comments: