Friday, June 4, 2021

Good Taste

Noi is caught up at the moment watching a series of MasterChef: The Professionals that they're running on one of the BBC channels we get on cable. It's being shown one episode per night, so it makes for quite intensive viewing. I've gone to bed by the time they screen it, so I've been listening to her updates day by day. Today I caught up with a full episode as a repeat was screened during the afternoon and I can well understand why she finds it so fascinating. Apart from anything else the participants are extraordinarily skilful and there's something deeply compelling watching experts not just at work but totally caught up in that work.

The plates of food they deliver sort of transcend simply being food. You start to look at them as something akin to works of art. Oddly enough for all I enjoy watching I never feel hungry. I suppose I'm too busy being impressed to acknowledge base appetites.

No comments: