Wednesday, March 4, 2020

So Very Good

Highlight of the day: the arrival of a long-delayed shipment of books from the good people at the Book Depository. I thought these had been lost in the post somewhere so it was both a relief and a source of intoxication to finally get my hands on the two handsome volumes that comprise the Collected Poems of the great Archie Ammons. He has for some time now been my official favourite American poet of the twentieth century and I'm seriously wondering whether a reading of the volumes in question might result in his ascension to the very pinnacle of all-comers fave of the 20C. Not that such crazy rankings matter in the slightest. What matters is the pleasure of the reading, but I'm afraid I'll need to put that off for a little while as I'm committed to WCW (and then TH.) Never mind, though. It's all good, as they say.

No comments: