Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Shocking News

Peter and I were chatting today, as we often do, about the latest news out of the US and the UK. And, as usual, we were expressing something close to astonishment at various events in something like the following terms: Can you remember anything even close to crazy stuff like this in the past? (The answer being a simple no, by the way.) We spent a fair amount of the conversation laughing loudly, and an equal portion expressing deep, bewildered concern.

Later in the day I happened to switch on the telly to catch someone I regard as a generally insightful, well-informed commentator on the higher levels of politicking in one of the nations involved, saying the following: ...the government launching a deliberate disinformation campaign against one of its highly respected career diplomats... The sentence went on, but I lost heart just listening to that fragment.

A mad world, my masters.

No comments: