Friday, November 8, 2019

Grossly Inappropriate

Noi and I took ourselves off to our old familiar stomping ground of Geylang this afternoon, partly to buy something at Joo Chiat Complex and mainly for the fun of it. Enjoying typically excellent kueh at the Mr Teh Tarik there was a bit of a high point, but the low point came soon after. We'd popped into the Fairprice in the complex since Noi needed some bits and pieces for various dishes in preparation when I became aware they were already playing Christmas songs to create what I assume they believe to be a suitable ambience for their shoppers. I checked the date. Yes, it was still 8 November.

(To add to the horror of it all, the song I recognised was that one about All I Want For Christmas Is You in the version done for the film Love Actually (I think) which in its particularly odd yuckiness I have come to regard as my least favourite yuletide number.)

Must consider when to give Dylan's Christmas In The Heart a spin to redress the balance, but that certainly won't be for a few weeks.

No comments: