Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Good News

Walking back from the gym yesterday evening I had the pleasure of viewing a particularly big, bright, bold moon hovering over our place of residence. And then this morning, it appeared again, its position shifting to being just above the main building whence I was heading to ply my trade. It stopped me in my tracks on both occasions, and I seriously considered taking a picture this morning, but decided not to in the certain knowledge that no picture could do justice to the hypnotically real thing.
 
And I'm not the only one who found himself enchanted. This morning's Straits Times featured our celestial companion on the front page and rightly so, I reckon. For a moon as beautiful as the one appearing over the last 24 hours is good news indeed.
 
(I'm not sure 'celestial' is an appropriate adjective here, but I'm inclined to let it stand, partly because I feel lost for words, and partly because our lunar chum glows with star quality.)

No comments: