Thursday, November 22, 2018

Not So Easy

Why is it that it's never actually possible to register a warranty for a product on-line despite the apparent simplicity of being able to do so? Case in point: I've just made a valiant effort to register the warranty for the water pump we recently purchased for Maison KL. I got all the way to the final segment I needed to complete which involved the details of the tax invoice for the product. Noi came back from KL with the warranty registration card and the invoice for purchasing the pump, but no tax invoice, since she wasn't given any; this means I can't fill in the last box so I can't register the product.

Is it cynical of me to wonder whether this final step is put there to make it extremely difficult for customers to actually complete the registration for their promised warranty? Could a business be so calculating?

I think I know the answer to the above.

No comments: