Monday, July 27, 2015

Not Exactly The Body Electric

Finally got to the gym in the early afternoon and managed 30 minutes on my training machine of choice, feeling quite comfortable all the way. In fact, I was a little surprised to finish slightly under the distance I achieved the last time I was in the gym since I felt so much stronger this time round. I was thinking of stuff other than being on the trainer for almost the full 30 minutes, and it's always a good sign when the mind is free.

Generally I seem in reasonable shape lately, though I'm around a kilo and a half below my fighting weight. I hit that weight early in fasting month and whilst it's never gone down it's never gone up either, though I'm expecting it to at some point. The mild problem I'm experiencing at the moment is that due to my reduced waist line my jeans keep slipping down, such that I really should wear a belt. But I'm loath to do so as it feels uncomfortable. I think I may have dropped down a size in terms of my waist, but I'm not intending to buy new jeans, or trousers for that matter, as a result.

The great thing is that, for the moment at least, I'm not feeling any kind of pain or discomfort in my back at all. However, my left arm has been giving me trouble all year, and continues to do so, so there's a useful reminder that I'm no spring chicken. At one point I wondered if it was a touch of arthritis in my left shoulder, but the joint has been distinctly more mobile of late so now I'm wondering if I might have torn a muscle which is now healing.

Fascinating thing the body, especially the one that belongs to you.

No comments: