Monday, September 15, 2014

Slowing Down

Just watched a mildly entertaining programme on H2 (which, if my understanding is correct means something like History Channel 2) concerning the development of certain American idioms related to transportation and drug use. However, I doubt that I'll watch any further episodes, despite finding the content fairly interesting since whoever produced the episode saw fit to imitate the style of music videos. Individuals shots rarely lasted longer than a few seconds. Even if the presenter was interviewing someone in a relatively staid setting the camera angle kept changing such that the viewer was never allowed to settle. I think this was supposed to engender a kind of excitement. Oddly, though, a number of shots were repeated ad nauseam which created something akin to a distinct lack of excitement in this viewer.

I have a horrible feeling that this is how some folks picture that hoary cliché: the classroom of the future. Thank goodness I belong to the past.

No comments: