Monday, September 16, 2013

Not Interested

As a fully paid-up AA member I am entitled to a free copy of their Highway magazine monthly. When we changed address a couple of years ago for some reason we were unable to update the new one with everyone's favourite motoring organisation, the result being we were unable to take receipt of the mag in question. I didn't miss it at all; it fact, it was a relief not to have to find someone to give the publication away to. Now we're on their books again, Noi having cleverly renewed my membership which was about to expire, with the correct address, and we've just received the latest issue of Highway. It remains stunningly boring.

I know I'm on record as claiming that everything around us in interesting if viewed in the correct light. But this is just not true. Cars are fundamentally boring. Don't attempt to engage me in conversation about them. Don't send me publications about them. Don't claim that Top Gear is a highly entertaining programme.

And if you want a copy of Highway just pop around and pick it up.

No comments: