Sunday, September 22, 2013

Not Funny At All

In recent weeks we've not been getting the newspaper regularly due to changes in our domestic routines. A couple of days ago Noi bought a copy of The Straits Times for the first time in quite a while. And then today we bought a copy of The Sunday Times whilst pawming around Ghim Moh market. And here's where I come to the point: to my astonishment it seems the editors have decided to cut most of the cartoons that used to feature regularly.

Now as far as I can see these have not been placed with anything of note. The book pages in The Sunday Times remain as minimal as one can reasonably imagine book pages in a national newspaper being. (I suspect there's simply more advertising space.) So who made the decision to cut the most reliably intelligent material from the press and why? 

One more reason not to start buying the paper again, say I.

No comments: