Monday, August 2, 2010

Wired Up

Life keeps getting just that little bit more complicated. Our main phone line decided not to function after Saturday morning which meant we lost access to the Internet. That's now been restored, but we no longer have a telephone in the front room, where we really need it, and we've acquired more wires than we really care for and a Mio box which gives us television programmes we don't want to see having got quite enough channels already via the Starhub box, which is, thankfully, behaving itself at the moment. The Mio box, which now sits below the Starhub box, is a free gift for something I don't understand to do with a telephone and, it seems, we can't turn it down. We know this because that's what we tried to do and failed miserably.

Fortunately the deep simplicity of fasting month is just around the corner. In the course of it I'm hoping to get wired up to what really counts.

2 comments:

Trebuchet said...

Well, the good thing about the Mio box (which I don't have) is that you get to watch the Premiership live this season. :)

Brian Connor said...

Sort of. But I didn't say we'd actually wired the Mio to the tv, which we haven't. I'm also seriously considering not paying for the EPL as a protest against capitalist running dogs of all stripes - I'll still annoyed by paying through the nose for the World Cup.

But I have the oddest feeling that my resistance is likely to crumble.