Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Something Found

Got back into the swing of things today by devoting a good (very good!) 45 minutes or so to highly devoted listening to sweet sounds. First up, I revisited Crimso's brilliant Larks Tongues in Aspic - Part IV which I haven't listened to in yonks. I suppose this neglect is related to the fact that I'm not exactly comfortable with the production on The Construkction of Light even though I love the material therein. But the strange thing was that this time I found the electronic drums enhanced the track for me. The mechanical, industrial quality felt exactly right. (I suspect I'll change my mind next time round and find myself yearning to get hold of the re-mixed The Reconstrukction of Light which I'm told features Pat Mastelotto on real drums, replacing his earlier electronic set.) (Actually, I love Pat's drumming no matter what he's using.)

It strikes me as a good notion, by the by, to break any musical fast with something from the mighty Crim. So that stands as my wise advice for today, Gentle Reader.

No comments: