Friday, March 26, 2021

Planning

It's just over two weeks to the beginning of the fasting month and I've just listed the Islamic-themed reading I intend to carry out in Ramadhan. That might seem a bit of an odd thing to do, but I've come to understand the profound importance of intentionality, especially in relation to my experience of the holy month. Writing the titles of the various texts - all re-reads, by the way - certainly served to whet my appetite, but I'm not intending to jump the gun. Actually, I'm keen to complete Jan Montefiore's cunning compilation of Kipling's short stories before fasting begins, but progress is slow in that direction.

As a kid I used to race through the four books my library ticket entitled me to take out. Those days are long gone, I'm afraid. Which makes me wonder whether listing four books for Ramadhan was such a good idea. Well, we'll see.

No comments: