Monday, May 11, 2020

Satisfaction

18 Ramadhan, 1441

Hit the scales the other day to find I'm a bit below my fighting weight. Was a bit surprised as I've been doing next to nothing by way of exercise and feeling podgy as a result. Then thought it over and realised just how sensible my intake of grub is these days during fasting month. It seems impossible to stuff my face once the fast is broken, as if that would be an insult to the plentiful food available. Just a little is delicious, so why would I need more? Just being able to drink sweet, hot tea is enough to satisfy.

Each year at this time I learn something about myself and my relations with the world. I used to think of eating as a sort of obvious activity. It isn't. I suppose that's why so many suffer problems as a result of that relationship going sadly out of balance.

No comments: