Friday, January 24, 2020

In Delay

Now I know the Bard didn't think much of hanging around - In delay there lies no plenty, and all that sort of thing - but the Missus and I are practising the cunning art of necessary delay at this precise moment and I reckon it makes good sense. We've been informed of the jams at Tuas on the eve of Chinese New Year and reconsidered the master plan, which was to set off directly after the conclusion of Friday Prayers. Instead I came back to sleep for a couple of hours and generally just chill through the afternoon.

We're now targeting an evening take-off, hopeful that the traffic might have thinned out a bit at that point. Mind you, there's fair chance we're going to get this horribly wrong and curse our bad judgement, but that's all part of the fun of public holidays in these parts.

I'll let you know how we fared tomorrow, Gentle Reader, assuming we've arrived elsewhere by then.

No comments: