Sunday, May 6, 2018

Soon

20 Syaaban, 1439

Now well into the countdown for the arrival of the fasting month. For the last couple of evenings I've enjoyed big meals - with a Boyos' Night on Friday and a belated birthday dinner featuring just myself and the Missus yesternight. Good to get such times of plenty in before a period of relative deprivation, and strange just how much some part of me looks forward to that mild deprivation as much as another part gets a wee bit nervous (still!) at the prospect.

Now thinking of what should feature on my reading list for Ramadhan. The Study Quran: A New Translation and Commentary, from Seyyed Hossein Nasr and his team of editors is likely to dominate, and happily so. I've been waiting for the right time to get to grips with this, and that time is soon.

No comments: