Friday, May 11, 2018

In A Sweat

The weather's been hot here of late, which doesn't bode too well for the approaching fasting month. By the time I left our place for work this morning I'd already built up a stickily unpleasant sweat. It didn't help that I was wearing a dark, long-sleeved shirt for some filming I needed to do later in the day.

My commute to the staffroom takes only a minute or so, but I was very glad indeed to reach air-conditioned comfort, though it took a good twenty-five minutes or more to really cool down. Funnily enough by the time I found myself outside again, with the sun up, the intense, close warmth of that first hour of the day seemed to dissipate somehow, and I didn't feel quite so extremely uncomfortable for the rest of the day.

One thing's for sure though: no matter how hot it gets, it's a whole lot better than an English winter - especially the ones in Manchester.

No comments: