Friday, December 30, 2016

Old Habits Die Easily

Back at work today for meetings ahead of the new term beginning next week. Managed to sleep reasonably well and didn't feel too many signs of jet lag, though awoke a few times thinking I was lost in London. Odd.

As usual after I've been away for some time the waking and rising routine went slowly as I struggled to recall exactly what order to do things in. It seemed strange to shower before praying the Swubuh Prayer after a month or so of doing things the other way round. And I was flummoxed about how to start my own car before setting off for the masjid for prayers having been driving a very different vehicle for almost all the month.

I'm hoping to remember how to teach when work begins properly, although it could be argued that I've never really fathomed that one out.

No comments: