Saturday, July 26, 2014

The End Of Something

28 Ramadhan 1435

16.10

When I realised that I was going to be involved in a production whilst simultaneously coming to the end of fasting I was somewhat intimidated. It turned out I was right to be. Doing two difficult and demanding things at one and the same time has not been easy. But it has certainly been both interesting and educational.

I'll be breaking my fast later in our control room for lighting and sound, an interesting first in itself.

22.40

Was reminded just now by ex-student and thespian Qistina that tonight isn't the first time we've put something on stage during Ramadhan and that I've broken my fast in the control box before. Anyway, a great night of drama acted as a suitable coda to the month and a prelude to further celebrations coming soon.

Mind you, we survived an excruciatingly nervous 10 minutes during the interval when a projector on which we were entirely dependent for Part 2 suddenly decided not to work after functioning smoothly for weeks. Expect the unexpected, as they say. We got it up and running after adding a further 5 minutes to said interval. The joys of live theatre, eh?

No comments: