Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Looking Ahead

Still paddling madly to stay afloat, but keeping my head above water just enough to catch sight of an island of rest about a week and a half away. Also being forced to think ahead anyway as Noi is going off to KL ahead of me at the end of the week. She'll be at Maison KL as our contractor starts the work we have planned to busybody around and make sure everything is in order. She's intending to take supplies with her which means I have to consider what reading and listening material to send on ahead.

This in turn leads me to the realisation that there remains an awful lot on the shelves, printed-word-wise, to which I've never really done justice. In truth, if I never purchased a book again I wouldn't run out of material to occupy myself with. This is simultaneously a comforting and daunting thought. If the shekels ever run out there'll be no need to panic on the bibliographic front; but it's difficult to imagine not being able to once again relish the smell of a new volume before taking the plunge.

No comments: