Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fed Up

The Missus has gone up to Melaka over the weekend to join in various birthday celebrations, leaving me to get on with doing the necessary to keep my head above the water line (just.) Fortunately she, as always, has seen fit to provide me with a range of comestibles to ease the ache of her absence.

My consumption earlier in the evening of the other half of the shepherd's pie I had manfully made in-roads into yesterday evening almost made up for her not being around. But I'm afraid these things don't ultimately balance out. Having said which, there's much to be said for knowing she's having a good time and keeping up the commitment to family that the world of work threatens to erode.

And now I'm going to finish the muffins she left. So there.

No comments: