Saturday, May 26, 2012

Going Cheap

Happened to do a bit a driving today, to a doctor's appointment and what-not, and found myself listening to music on tape, two tapes specifically, loaded from my cache in store at Maison KL. I'd completely forgotten I owned a copy of Miles Ahead, and, into the bargain, just how good an album it is. I reckon I prefer it to Kind Of Blue and Sketches From Spain, heretical as that may sound. The tape itself isn't of great quality - I think I picked it up cheap somewhere - but that just didn't matter somehow.

And then later in the day I was listening to some late Haydn symphonies on one of those old cheapo cheapo DG tapes they packed all sorts of goodies into, once upon a time. I don't even know what numbers the symphonies are - I just know I love them, memories of repeated listening from days of old flooding back to me.

Riches. For next to nothing.

No comments: