Monday, February 27, 2012

And Furthermore

Just a couple of random points to add to my posts of the last couple of days.

I forgot to mention how much I liked Diamond's word kleptocracy, used to describe those elites who convince us of their absolute necessity to our well-being such that they cream off the surpluses societies produce. I must say though, that I really don't mind if they're obviously worth it - e.g., Wayne Rooney, Ryan Giggs, et al.

And on a completely different note, a quick glance through Sid Smith's magisterial if toxic tome on all things Crimson rendered the info that Robert Fripp's solo on the studio cut of The Night Watch was a first take! It seems that John Wetton on a first hearing didn't regard it as anything special until the Frippster told him to listen again, really listen. And then he got it. Now that kind of talent is priceless.

No comments: