Monday, April 11, 2011

Major Expectations

It's a telling sign of just how far I get out of things that I didn't realise until the weekend that Dylan is due to play Singapore next Friday night. But now I do know and the tickets have been duly purchased and I am stoked to the max, as they say. (Actually I don't know if they do say that, but I kind of like the phrase.)

I have two worries now. The first is that the great man will be rained off - the venue is open air. The second is that his motivations for coming over here will not necessarily be associated with making music for its own sake. If he's here on a sort of nostalgia, greatest hits, trip I'm going to feel a bit let down. So I'm hoping we're in for some vital, living material relevant to him now. (If he plays nothing except what's been on the last four albums I'll be more than happy.)

So I'm staying calm and not thinking too much ahead. At least, I don't think I am. Not really. Not if I can help it.

No comments: