Monday, April 4, 2011

Dining Out

Just watched Come Dine With Me an engagingly silly British programme in which four ordinary sort of people (I think it's five in a more recent version we saw in England at the end of last year) compete for a thousand quid by entertaining the others in the group for an evening each and awarding each other points. Two things occur to me. The first, for which I am truly thankful, is that I've never quite lost my taste for trashy television. The second, watching anything with the missus makes whatever it is twice as good as it would otherwise have been.

3 comments:

The Hierophant said...

The British do (some) trashy programmes that are inoffensive and yes, even pleasurable. I found myself enjoying an episode of 'Kitchen Nightmares' before I could discipline my wayward self. Thanks for welcoming me back to your far place -- Did you receive my email, with some thoughts on Keats attached?

Brian Connor said...

The missus loves Kitchen Nightmares and I quite enjoy a bit of a Ramsey rant myself. By now you know I replied to the Keats e-mail, and I'll reply to your follow-up soon. (But how soon is open to question, I'm afraid.)

The Hierophant said...

No problem, no problem. Take as long as you want. I'll even wait till you're retired.