Saturday, March 7, 2009

Refueling

Went into work this morning and felt better for it. How can this be? you ask, suitably astonished, if not astounded.

Sadly it's all a bit vampiric. I was there to assist in the initial read-through-cum-rehearsal of a piece our drama guys will be doing at one of the big school events coming soon, and which we’re thinking of making the centrepiece of a highly informal drama evening just for friends & supporters.

This is all Ferd's baby, as it were, and it's always great to see him in release-the-brakes-hit-the--throttle-full-steam-ahead mode. When you add to that a lot of very talented performers and the fascination of seeing what they are likely to do with the material then the old heart starts pumping that little bit faster, recharged by the youthful pizzazz floating throughout the room.

I try not to think about this too much, but there are times when I picture myself just teaching what I want to teach and doing the sort of drama I want to do and realise that'd be something close to a kind of perfection.

No comments: