Friday, June 23, 2023

A Good Soaking

One of the several blessings of life here in the taman is the proximity of the masjid. It's just a five minute walk up the road, so you can afford to leave setting off for Friday Prayers until the last possible moment, as the azan begins, knowing you will arrive comfortably in time to take your place without undue hassle. I did that earlier today and all went well. Until prayers were over and it was time to make my way back.

I had no choice but to do so in a torrential downpour. The experience served as a reminder of how incredibly, unforgivingly, disturbingly wet rain actually is. Put simply, it's just not pleasant stuff especially when it elects to soak through all your garments to make full-on contact with the skin beneath. Of course, I only needed to survive the discomfort for five to six minutes, but they were long minutes, trust me.

No comments: