Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Still Lost

I half expected to regain the weight I lost in my illness by the end of the year. Since I knew we would be well supplied on the victuals front during our umrah I thought it likely to put back 3 or 4 kg whilst in Makkah & Madinah, but that didn't happen, as I realised today when I went for my annual check-up at the clinic just over the road as required by my employers. The receptionist checking my weight noted I was 5 kg lighter than this time last year and the doctor reckoned I was 6 kg lighter than my average weight for the last 4 or so years.

I suppose the physical demands of the umrah meant that no matter how well I thought I was feeding myself I needed the intake from the extensive buffets to provide the energy just to rise to the challenge. At some level I'm underestimating that need for energy, I think, somehow not throwing myself into life, if that makes sense. I have an appetite, but it's too easily satisfied.

It would be nice to feel greedy again.

No comments: