Sunday, December 11, 2022

Quite A Chill

On completing the day's prayers yesterday at Masjid al Nabawi I'd intended to write something about the experience on getting back to the hotel (the day still being Saturday here, if you see what I mean.) Noi was still at the masjid with the ladies from our party who were visiting the oldest section of the mosque, ar Raudah, which houses the tomb of the Prophet (pbuh) and those of two of his companions - Abu Bakr and Umar. I'd had the very rare privilege of actually completing the Ishaq Prayer there and was keen to memorialise my good fortune.

However, I was so shivering cold after dinner in the restaurant, with its unrelenting air-conditioning, that it was all I could do to dive into bed and wrap up warm, hoping to emerge somewhat more in order a little later. Of course, that didn't happen as I just surrendered to sleep. I suppose I do have the excuse that I definitely needed it - just as I needed to be warm.

No comments: