Friday, August 5, 2022

It Isn't Over Until It's Over

Recently I've been engaged in some re-marking for the IBO. This involves listening to various Orals from kids who've appealed for re-marking after getting their grades for English from the May examination. To be honest, this work doesn't come at a good time given all that's going on in my day-job. But someone's got to do it, I suppose. The really irritating thing is that you're never given notice of just how many reviews you'll need to do. I keep thinking I've cleared all the work, which has to be completed in under 3 days, only to find yet another Oral in my Inbox that requires attention. The funny thing is that since I'm now getting just one 'extra' each time it's hardly an overwhelming load, but just the one increasingly feels like one far too many. 

No comments: