Thursday, August 11, 2022

At Random

Struggled big time with back pain today, the ache being, unusually for me, centred on my lower vertebrae, right in the middle of my back. Sitting down for any length of time proved uncomfortable, but trying to stand up took on the proportions of a considerable ordeal. Fortunately, once on the move the discomfort was comparatively mild, so I was able to function reasonably well at work.

I suppose the most annoying thing about all this is that the pain came yesterday out of nowhere, as I sat to do some work with no undue rushing that might have served to bring it on. It just seems so arbitrary and impossible to protect against. But there's a good side to that; sometimes we need a reminder that life isn't fair, especially when it's generally been more than fair to us in the big things. As I've said before, with ironic clumsiness: A little suffering never hurt anybody. How dumb, eh? But how strangely true.

No comments: