Friday, April 22, 2022

Thinking Ahead

20 Ramadhan, 1443

I'm not quite sure what got me thinking about it, but I spent a couple of minutes today contemplating how good it will feel to be back in the SAC at work enjoying a cuppa whilst gazing out of the window and thinking of not very much. I say I was contemplating but it would be truer to say I was visualising the scene with considerable intensity. But here's the funny thing: I was doing so without any desire to actually go down for the cuppa at that point in time. I was perfectly happy to locate my fantasy in the future and happy to wait for it to materialise.

There's deep comfort in knowing that simple good things come easily to hand in my life and being temporarily deprived of them is just a way to be reminded of just how deeply good they are.

No comments: