Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Matters Of Weight

10 Ramadhan, 1443

I weighed myself in the run-up to fasting and was surprised that I was a little under my fighting weight. I suppose this could be attributed to a lot of running about at work since I'd been making no conscious effort to shed kilos and I've not been to the gym for some time. Indeed, I wondered if it might be a false reading since I felt a bit on the heavy side. However, I weighed myself again yesterday and the reading was close to the previous, just a tad lighter. So it looks like the original was accurate.

I suppose I'm quite pleased by this, but for health rather than aesthetic reasons. (In aesthetic terms I'm happy to consider myself a lost cause.) Having said that, I'm wary of losing too many kilos for comfort in the days of fasting that lie ahead. There's such a thing as too much of a good thing, you know and I can't afford to go down a size in trousers.

No comments: