Thursday, April 28, 2022

At A Distance

26 Ramadhan, 1443

According to a message I got from Cheryl last weekend, the funeral for John was held this morning. She'd intended to tell her mum about it on Monday, but I'm not sure how that worked out. The possibility of Maureen being devastated by all this is very real, I'm afraid. I'm reluctant to trouble Cheryl too much by messaging her for an update, given the fact she's likely to be the key person dealing with all the on-going concerns. And, yes, I feel more than a small degree of guilt over not being around and able to help.

Now thinking of John and how deeply helpful he was in dealing with Mum, again at a time when I wasn't there to do the necessary. Like the rest of us, John was less than perfect. But it's good to remember the times when he listened to the guidance of his good angel - more often than some gave him credit for.

No comments: