Wednesday, February 9, 2022

No Problem

The early part of my evening, or, rather, the late afternoon (the time in question being around 5.15 pm) was slightly blighted by a problem with the laptop I use for work. It was very difficult to get it to boot up (if that's the right term?) and once I got to the desktop nothing happened no matter what I clicked on. I assumed there was something seriously amiss and found myself figuring out how I might cope without the thing given what I needed to get done tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow. In fact, the problem turned out not to be a problem with the computer itself but with a malfunctioning mouse, which was hardly a real problem at all, so all worries and difficulties had been resolved by 6.20.

However, the sad result of this non-event was that I couldn't give the curry puffs and pot of tea provided by the Missus at that appropriate hour the one hundred percent attention they warranted. Mind you, I did manage a reasonable ninety percent and managed to enjoy them, so all was not lost.

There is no moral to this tale, other than the obvious one that most of our first world problems are not problems at all and a failure to pay full attention to what really counts in this life is just stupidity. (By the way, in case you're confused, I'm implying that the tea and munchies count for a lot more than not being able to function effectively at work for a day or two or three.) 

No comments: