Friday, July 30, 2021

Wired

The medication is having a weird effect. I've hardly slept for two nights, but haven't had any real problems keeping going during the days.

The positive side of this is that I've had Dylan's great lines running through my head when nothing much else has been going on: My feet are so tired / My brain is so wired / And the clouds are weeping. It's odd but I didn't realise just how brilliant Love Sick is when I first heard it. That's what happens sometimes with the Bobster - so many songs you suddenly realise are brilliant after thinking they're just sort of pretty good.

Listened just now to the man himself in 2017, pretty much the version he played here the last time I saw him live. And isn't it astonishing how often others do great covers of the masterworks?: love the versions by the White Stripes, Triggerfinger, and, most of all, the astonishing Mariachi el Bronx.

No comments: