Sunday, July 4, 2021

That's Entertainment

There's something curiously entertaining involved in reading the on-line commentary on Euro 2020 and still finding a fair number who think that Gareth Southgate isn't a good coach. What are they on? All my doubts about the double pivot have evaporated - after all, what do I know?

Of course, I now wish we'd subscribed to the over-priced tv coverage, but there's also something entertaining - and frustrating - involved in trying to find decent highlights of the games on the Internet. Now I know what clickbait means. And in case you're wondering if I'm now intending to subscribe at this late stage, you should know that the superstitious side of me that reckons we've made it to the semis precisely because I've not been watching (and agonising) just isn't going to allow that. (Although if we make it to the final I rather think I'm off to someone's place who can watch live.)

No comments: