Saturday, July 17, 2021

Thoroughly Medicated


It was a relief to be able to see my back doc this morning, given that the pain on my left side had arrived at the point of relentless impressiveness. The little pot of various medicines above - to be taken twice a day - was supplemented by an anti-inflammatory injection into my hip and a patch around my left elbow which will slowly release some sort of painkiller until 5.00 pm on Monday. The doc reckoned it was strong stuff and if I feel drunkenly giddy at any point I am to quickly discard it.

So far the bundle has proved efficacious. There's a bit of an ache in my leg still, but it is just a bit and easy to ignore. I also crashed out deeply this afternoon on two occasions and am grateful for the sleep as it is 1) painless and 2) making up for quite a few lost hours from last week when I found myself waking early on account of a) the niggling pain and b) the worry of wondering how to cope.

I can't yet take it for granted that I'm somehow cured, but since I'm only thinking one day ahead I'll take what I've got.

No comments: