Sunday, December 6, 2020

The Body In Question

Still struggling in an asymmetric manner. The muscles in my left leg/side feel suspiciously vulnerable, especially in the early morning, whilst those in my upper right arm continue to remind me forcefully of their presence in a most unfriendly fashion. I'm more bothered by the pain in my arm though, since this has got steadily worse over the last couple of months whilst my leg and back continue to improve. I need to go to the doc across the road for the annual medical required by my employers soon and I just might mention the arm to see what they make of it. They might offer pain-killers and I wouldn't mind giving them a go simply to make sleeping easier. As it is I tend to wake frequently, aware of the nasty ache provoked by lying on my arm.

I took myself off to the gym earlier, having suffered no ill effects from my recent foray. Still taking it very easy indeed, though. It's funny to be so deeply conscious of this old body at an age when you'd think I'd be more interested in the matters of the spirit, but I'm afraid it's all I've got.

No comments: