Saturday, December 19, 2020

Not Fit For Purpose

I've managed to get to the gym reasonably regularly - three times a week being the broad target. I'm also back to setting the Elliptical Trainer to full resistance for my stints which suggests some mild improvement in my general level of fitness from early in the month. Happily, in terms of maintaining morale, I've completely forgotten the kind of numbers I was posting in the early part of last year, though I suspect they were considerably better than what I'm struggling to achieve these days, 'struggling' being the operative word for this afternoon's performance.

But the great thing about this kind of exercise, in fact, any kind of exercise, is that struggling is fundamentally positive. It feels bad, but it also feels like that's what you're there to do. And the bonus is, of course, that stopping feels so good.

No comments: