Friday, February 14, 2020

On The Peaks

Lowest point of the day: struggling earlier in the evening in the gym on the elliptical trainer. But it wasn't much of a low since I was very happy to be able to get to the gym, and knew I was likely to struggle, this being my third workout in six days and I sensed I wasn't entirely recovered from the previous two.
 
So it's been a great day with multiple highs. Friday Prayers provided, as always, a relaxed space for reflection and connection, but I reckon was surpassed by no fewer than three peaks. First, the exchange of suitably slushy cards in the early morning; second, romantic tea and kueh in the afternoon; third, Noi's famous oxtail soup just now, with bread to dip in.

Not bad, eh? (I keep reading about people presenting faked overly perfect versions of their lives on social media and creating unnaturally high expectations as a result. I apologise for having enjoyed a pretty much perfect day, Gentle Reader, and will endeavour to get back to meaningless struggles with the imperfections of this world as soon as possible.)

No comments: