Monday, December 30, 2019

Out Of Place

Didn't sleep as well as I hoped I would last night and, as a result, struggled through the day. I did get some sleep, but somehow this seemed to hover on the edge of a disturbed consciousness. Said disturbance related to a disconcerting sense of not knowing exactly where I was. I assumed, for reasons that are not at all clear to me, that I was somewhere in Europe - but not necessarily the UK. Several times I had to remind myself I was in my usual bed, in the place I spend most of my life. Although I eventually established this with enough certainty to calm my seething brain I still went into a sort of pre-dawn panic related to my uncertainty over the room I would eventually wake up in and how I would get myself from bed to work.

Funny thing, the human brain; especially mine.

No comments: