Thursday, December 19, 2019

Feeling Lush

Now resident, briefly, in Liverpool. It's Fifi who sort of brought us here. She's a part-time employee of Lush (who sell all sorts of potions and lotions to make folk feel good about themselves) and it turns out that the Lush mothership, a superstore encompassing a full four floors, is in the city. We went there yesterday and I was vaguely impressed by their endless varieties of colourful soap and the enthusiasm of the young people smilingly selling it.

This is only the fourth time in my life I've been to the city and I'm wondering why I haven't come here more often. I thoroughly enjoyed the walk between the two cathedrals, and their interiors, and we had a good time in the shops around Liverpool One. We'll going to the Albert Dock today and hope to enjoy a bit of culture having experienced quite enough commerce for now.

No comments: