Saturday, August 25, 2018

Not A Good Fit

I was asked to complete a survey the other day relating to the use of social media, and I made a genuine attempt to do so. However, in the end I had to leave it incomplete. The problem lay in one question which asked me which particular manifestation of social media I used and gave some six options - one being Facebook and I can't remember the others. Now the devisers of the survey had allowed a degree of flexibility with the answer in that you were allowed to put more than one; what they'd not allowed for was an entirely negative answer, and there was just no way for me to tell them that I didn't use any of the platforms they listed. 

I was caught in one of those endless loops in which I wasn't allowed to complete the survey unless I answered a question which didn't allow me to answer it. This struck me as richly absurd and a symptom of something, but I'm not entirely sure of what.

No comments: