Monday, February 13, 2017

Fermenting

I'm in that delightful period when I'm able to just think about the show we'll be doing in July with my drama guys without the pressure of having to get something definitive done by tomorrow. That part of the process starts in April, though much work is underway on the sets and staging front already. But even with the stuff that's underway there's still lots of room for new ideas & directions and the thought of what we'll be putting on stage in terms of objects, and sounds, is deeply inspirational anyway.

As usually happens to me I'm finding my thoughts revolving & evolving (I hope) around certain obsessive images. An example of this, from many years back now, is how I couldn't stop thinking about circles when planning a version of Roger & Hammerstein's Carousel. (Probably I was the only one involved who realised this, but circles of one sort or another dominated everything - sets, choreography, blocking.)

This time around I can't stop thinking about blood. That sounds pretty weird, no? Well, you can't say I didn't warn you.

No comments: